Here are some common questions about starting or renewing a New Internationalist magazine subscription.
Q: I don’t have a PayPal account and don’t use credit cards
A: That’s OK. You can pay by EFT.
- Pay either via your online banking, or by taking a cheque or cash to your local bank branch.
Q: If I pay by EFT, how will NI know who the payment is from?
A: Make sure to include your NI username with your payment
- On the bottom RH corner of the address sheet the comes with your bi-monthly magazine, you’ll see the following details:
- Your username. Use this as the reference with your payment.
- NI bank account details.
Q: Can I find my username another way?
A: Yes. Two easy options:
- You may have received an email from us letting you know that the latest issue of the magazine is available to read. In that email you’ll find a sentence suggesting you sign-in and there you’ll find we’ve indicated your username. Put that as your EFT payment reference.
- Alternatively, send us an email, telling us your name and address and asking us to let you know your username. You’ll find our Customer Service E-mail link for billing inquiries by clicking here.
Q: I’d like to pay online with a credit card or my PayPal account. How do I do that?
A: That’s exactly what we prefer. It’s fully self-service. Here’s what to do:
- Go to https://digital.newint.com.au/users/sign_in and enter either your username or your email address.
- Enter you password.
- Then go to https://digital.newint.com.au/subscriptions/new and choose whichever subscription you’d like – Paper only, Digital only or Digital + Paper.
- Go through the checkout and pay with credit card or PayPal. Using PayPal is quickest but is only required if you have chosen an Automatic debit option. To pay with Visa or MasterCard instead of PayPal, go through the PayPal checkout and click on the Pay with a card link underneath “Don’t have a PayPal account?” near the bottom of the page.
Q: For many years NI used to automatically debit my credit card every year or every three months. Is that still happening?
A: No. If you want to have your subscription automatically renewed here’s what to do:
- Choose an Automatic debit option at https://digital.newint.com.au/subscriptions/new It’s entirely self-service and will be renewed via your PayPal account, fully under your control. The renewal charge will be debited to whichever account you have linked on your PayPal account. So you’ll no longer need to inform NI of updates to your card details.
Q: How do I cancel an Automatic debit?
A: You can cancel an Automatic debit by signing into your PayPal account. For detailed instructions follow the link here: https://digital.newint.com.au/help#payment