Today marks the public launch of the New Internationalist crowd-funding campaign – StartSomeGood.com/indy-media-app – for the design and distribution of our iPad and iPhone subscriptions App and we’d be super-appreciative of your help.
There are so many ways you can help:
- Go to StartSomeGood.com/indy-media-app and make a pledge using your PayPal account. Should I mention there are incentives?
- If you don’t do PayPal, you can make an immediate donation instead through our online shop using your Visa or Mastercard.
- Tell your friends in every way you can – email, Facebook, Twitter and of course you could even move your lips to tell someone… If you need a short link to tell people, it’s bit.ly/indy-media-app
- Cheer us on by following our progress and repost from our social media channels:
- This blog – www.newint.com.au/blog
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/newint.au
- Twitter – twitter.com/NI_Australia
- Instagram – instagram.com/newintoz#
- Tumblr – newintoz.tumblr.com
- Flickr – www.flickr.com/photos/ni-magazine
- Google+ – plus.google.com/115030122955902538124/posts
- and of course we’d love you to use your social muscle on Reddit and StumbleUpon.
If you haven’t been involved with crowd-funding before, here’s the deal:
- We’re trying to raise $28,000
- But we have to reach what StartSomeGood calls our “tipping point” – $7,000 – or else all the pledges lapse and our campaign fails.
So we’re obviously very eager for you to go to StartSomeGood.com/indy-media-app to make your pledge. Thank you so much.
I mentioned incentives. We’ve had some great offers of support from Gotye, Tim Minchin, Peter Combe, Carl Cleves & Parissa Bouas and Rod Quantock, so do snap up one of their rewards when you make your pledge.
Developing our iPad and iPhone Apps is a tremendously exciting project; probably the most important new venture for us since the Australian launch of the New Internationalist in the 1970s.
But it’s also very demanding. There’s a very long lead-time on generating income from these new high-tech ventures. We need your crowd-funding support to plug that gap.
Most importantly of all, there’s the goal: our outreach work – particularly in schools and universities – to ensure the next generation of potential activists have the global justice facts and arguments they need.
The New Internationalist magazine has a 40 year history of successful campaigning, as you’ll see from our interactive magazine timeline – from the babyfood tragedy, to the international ban on landmines, to the drop the debt campaign – and it’s hugely important that we are on all the outreach channels that are opening up for us. Thanks so much for your help.