Unbleached White Cotton Shirt
Soft organic Fair Trade cotton, for corporate or casual wear.$35.00
- 100%organic percale cotton
- Single ply, 140 gsm, 220 thread count
- Adjustable button cuffs
- Curved hem
- One pocket
- 5 sizes available
Winner - Consumer Magazine category.
The magazine is a secular publication. Readers, both Christian and non-Christian, may not always agree with all its conclusions. But it is an excellent catalyst for better informed thought and action. It pulls no punches yet at the same time is written with sensitivity and compassion could be of immense help in our becoming more globally aware and responsible citizens.
I can certainly commend the New Internationalist for quick postage & handling - I ordered it on the web and it arrived at my door within 2-3 days, awesome compared to the usual 1 month+ with Amazon!
The Education Web Guide team were particularly impressed by the quality and educational content (of the New Internationalist magazine)
A top quality organic cotton Fair Trade shirt suitable for the corporate world as well as casual wear, day or night.
Featuring comfortable contemporary loose-fit styling, long sleeves with 2 back shoulder pleats, breast pocket and adjustable button cuffs.
The Italian collar can be worn with or without a tie, and the curved hem can be worn in or out.
Made from 100% organic percale cotton fabric, single ply, 140gsm, 220 threads per inch.
Five sizes available:
Collar - measured from the middle of the button hole to the thread stalk of the button.
Sleeve - measured from below centre of back of collar, across shoulder line and to end of cuff.
Benefits for you:
- You'll be more content knowing the producers and the planet have been treated well.
- Your cotton goods are free of allergy-causing toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- You'll enjoy top quality goods from the expert Indian craftspeople at Rajlakshmi.
Benefits for the producers and the planet:
- Organic clothing production means no toxic pesticides and insecticides are used in cotton growing. That means better health and less debt for the Indian farming families.
- Traditional cotton growing uses about 60% of all toxic chemicals used in India, so moving to organic production makes a huge difference.
- The organic cotton growing is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- The Chetna Organic Farmers Association is registered by FLO-International (Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International) which ensures a fair price and conditions for the farmers. This FLO registration also ensures cotton production:
- Is child-labour free
- Is produced by small & marginal farmers
- Is socially responsible for its farmers and farm-workers in the production chain
- Is absolutely free of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Cotton spinning is done in a factory that is ILO (International Labour Organization) compliant and also ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) certified.
- The factories producing the final products are meeting all ILO requirements for their workforces (in fact they do better than ILO requirements, for example by providing primary and secondary education for the workers' children, and a revolving loan scheme for workers).
- Whenever dyes are used the organic fabric dyeing process is GOTS certified
In brief our project partners at Rajlakshmi Cotton Mills and the Chetna Organic Famers Association are working very hard to ensure that conditions in the entire production chain exceed the goals of the Clean Clothes Campaign
About the Cotton Producers
The Chetna Organic Cotton Project
Say NO to pesticides that poison three million people every year, and help make trade fairer at the same time.