Top quality bath linens loomed from pure organic fair trade Indian cotton, sumptuously soft and absorbent.
Twill woven for softness and drape, the 500 gsm medium weight towels are very thirsty, but designed to dry quickly on the towel bar. A rolled self-hem helps them hold their shape wash after wash.
At 700 gsm, the matching bath mats are hefty and absorbent. Featuring a plain weave framed by a dobby border, they're also versatile and reversible.
Sandalwood colour, available as:
Bath Towel 140 x 70 cm.
Bath Sheet 180 x 90 cm.
Bath Mat 90 x 50 cm.
Also available in Burnt Umber, Persian Plum, Smoky Blue and Natural.
Benefits for you:
- You'll be more content knowing the producers and the planet have been treated well.
- Your cotton goods are free of allergy-causing toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- You'll enjoy top quality goods from the expert Indian craftspeople at Rajlakshmi.
Benefits for the producers and the planet:
- Organic production means no toxic pesticides and insecticides are used in cotton growing. That means better health and less debt for the Indian farming families.
- Traditional cotton growing uses about 60% of all toxic chemicals used in India, so moving to organic production makes a huge difference.
- The organic cotton growing is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- The Chetna Organic Farmers Association is registered by FLO-International (Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International) which ensures a fair price and conditions for the farmers. This FLO registration also ensures cotton production:
- Is child-labour free
- Is produced by small & marginal farmers
- Is socially responsible for its farmers and farm-workers in the production chain
- Is absolutely free of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Cotton spinning is done in a factory that is ILO (International Labour Organization) compliant and also ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) certified.
- The factories producing the final products are meeting all ILO requirements for their workforces (in fact they do better than ILO requirements, for example by providing primary and secondary education for the workers' children, and a revolving loan scheme for workers).
- Whenever dyes are used the organic fabric dyeing process is GOTS certified
In brief our project partners at Rajlakshmi Cotton Mills and the Chetna Organic Famers Association are working very hard to ensure that conditions in the entire production chain exceed the goals of the Clean Clothes Campaign
Say NO to pesticides that poison three million people every year, and help make trade fairer at the same time.
Thank you for a wonderful magazine.
I cannot do without your caring, enlightening publication.
The New Internationalist is exactly the sort of intelligent, committed and progressive publication which here at The Chaser, we strongly disapprove of.
People these days almost crave information that helps them to make sense of the world, and the New Internationalist magazine does that brilliantly.
New Internationalist supports Fair Trade producers like The Chetna Organic Cotton Project. Fair Trade promotes a fair wage and fair working conditions, encouraging developing world producers to help themselves.
A little about The Chetna Organic Cotton Project: Say NO to pesticides that poison three million people every year, and help make trade fairer at the same time.
New Internationalist Australia is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization, which means we have to stock a percentage of Fair Trade products, and also adhere to Fair Trade practices ourselves. Great for supporting producers rights, and also for our staff.
Sign-up for our free monthly email newsletter. We'll update you on new products that have just arrived and sales items.