Bedlinen, Linen/Cotton Blend
Elegant damask weave doona cover setFrom $50.00
- 50% Belgian linen
- 50% organic Fair Trade cotton
- Damask weave
- Wonderful texture
The New Internationalist is a world leader in communicating development, environmental and social justice issues. It is a publication designed to lift the consciousness of people around the world for a sustainable and peaceful future. Also in pursuit of an equal and just world, Amnesty International is proud to be associated with the New Internationalist.
The New Internationalist magazine has won the Media Peace Prize, awarded for an outstanding contribution to world peace and development.
For many years I have read the New Internationalist magazine with great respect. Many an article I have written, and film I have made, have had their roots in something I read in the NI.
It's an important publication and I'd love to spread the word about it.
Two great fabrics come together to create this elegant damask weave bedcover with a truly beautiful texture.
The smooth organic Indian cotton and natural Belgian linen get softer and softer with every wash, taking relaxed refinement to a whole new level. Closes with coconut shell buttons.
|Doona Cover, Queen Size||210 x 210|
|Pillow Cases, Set of two||76 x 51|
Benefits for you:
- You'll be more content knowing the producers and the planet have been treated well.
- Your cotton goods are free of allergy-causing toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- You'll enjoy top quality goods from the expert Indian craftspeople at Rajlakshmi.
Benefits for the producers and the planet:
- Organic production means no toxic pesticides and insecticides are used in cotton growing. That means better health and less debt for the Indian farming families.
- Traditional cotton growing uses about 60% of all toxic chemicals used in India, so moving to organic production makes a huge difference.
- The organic cotton growing is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- The Chetna Organic Farmers Association is registered by FLO-International (Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International) which ensures a fair price and conditions for the farmers. This FLO registration also ensures cotton production:
- Is child-labour free
- Is produced by small & marginal farmers
- Is socially responsible for its farmers and farm-workers in the production chain
- Is absolutely free of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Cotton spinning is done in a factory that is ILO (International Labour Organization) compliant and also ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) certified.
- The factories producing the final products are meeting all ILO requirements for their workforces (in fact they do better than ILO requirements, for example by providing primary and secondary education for the workers' children, and a revolving loan scheme for workers).
- Whenever dyes are used the organic fabric dyeing process is GOTS certified
In brief our project partners at Rajlakshmi Cotton Mills and the Chetna Organic Famers Association are working very hard to ensure that conditions in the entire production chain exceed the goals of the Clean Clothes Campaign
About the Cotton Producers
The Chetna Organic Cotton Project
Say NO to pesticides that poison three million people every year, and help make trade fairer at the same time.