Enjoy the freedom of mobile light everywhere you go, without worrying about batteries. The Barracuda torch combines two renewable energy sources - a built-in solar panel and a dynamo handle to wind the flashlight up. With its 3 ultra bright LEDs offering 3 functions - saving, power and flashing - the quality and feel of this torch are superb.
There are many cheaper solar torches out there in the market, but you won't be disappointed with the Barracuda. Cheaper solar torches may offer 3 LEDs, but they are often dim and the charge doesn't last very long - but not with this little torch. Feel confident when you go camping or hiking, or in emergencies, knowing that with the Barracuda you can have bright light on power mode for up to four hours on a single charge.
- 'Saving' mode uses 1 LED, 'Power' mode 3 LEDs, 'Flashing' mode 3 LEDs
- Maximum brightness 3 LED = 8 LM
- LED lifetime = 50,000 hours
- Shine time after 1 minute winding: 3 LED = 60 minutes, 1 LED = 80 minutes, Flashing = 110 minutes
- Shine time after 1 hour direct sunlight: 3 LED = 90 minutes, 1 LED = 120 minutes, Flashing = 140 minutes
- Time to fully charge by sunlight = 8 hours
- Shine time 3 LED fully charged = 4 hours
- Water resistant to 1 metre (for short accidental dunkings)
The New Internationalist brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for global justice.
Thank you for your wonderful magazine. I look forward to receiving it every month and always find a lot to think about when I read it.
I have been really happy with the purchases I have made and will definitely buy again from your organization.
Love your organisation and your shop, keep up the fab work.
The Education Web Guide team were particularly impressed by the quality and educational content (of the New Internationalist magazine)
A little about Asha Handicrafts: Asha Handicrafts provides the security of markets to small scale artisan workshops around India, like ANSA, the soapnut harvesters in Tamil Nadu.
New Internationalist Australia is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization, which means we have to stock a percentage of Fair Trade products, and also adhere to Fair Trade practices ourselves. Great for supporting producers rights, and also for our staff.
Sign-up for our free monthly email newsletter. We'll update you on new products that have just arrived and sales items.